Dump Truck Driver
Heavy Haul Operator / Mechanic
* When filling out an application (depending on browser) you may need to download form to fill out.
DUMP TRUCK DRIVER
This position is responsible for delivering aggregate materials to and from job sites throughout SE Minnesota, including the metro area. This position will require working long hours including evenings and weekends. This is seasonal work (approx. April - November) with very competitive compensation. For consideration please submit resume with 3 references for review, any emails with a resume will not be considered.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
• Operate vehicle in compliance with company rules and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations, and in accordance with accepted principles of safe driving.
• Drives truck equipped with dump body to transport and dump loose materials such as sand, gravel, soil, concrete, crushed rock, or bituminous paving materials. Utilize equipment properly to move forward and backward, tilt body, and dump contents.
• Interpret maps and/or GPS to determine proper vehicle route.
• Inspect vehicle and required parts/accessories to determine safe operating condition prior to operating. Verify load is within acceptable and legal limits.
• Complete cleanliness and maintenance of vehicles.
• Load and unload freight as required. Ensure proper securement.
• Maintain driver log as required by state and federal regulations. Maintain records of fuel purchases and mileage.
• Perform emergency roadside repairs such as installing light bulbs, fuses and tire chains.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must have at least one year of related experience and possess a current Class A Commercial Driver's License with a valid Federal DOT Medical Card.
HEAVY HAUL / MECHANIC
This position consists of both local assignments, heavy equipment hauling. Minimum 2 years commercial driving experience must have CDL and DOT medical card. May operate other types of power construction equipment, such as, derricks, shovels, tractors, or front-end loaders.
Mechanics perform repairs and preventive maintenance on Trucks and Equipment. The preventive maintenance may involve assembly, disassembly, and/or repair of lubrication systems, cooling systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, brakes, suspension systems and exhaust systems.
This is seasonal work (approx. April - November) with very competitive compensation. For consideration please submit resume with 3 references for review, any emails with a resume will not be considered.
Heavy Equipment Hauling:
• Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
• Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
• Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
• Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
• Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
• Inspect motor vehicles.
• Follow safety procedures for vehicle operation.
• Inspect cargo to ensure it is properly loaded or secured.
• Record operational or production data.
• Record service or repair activities
• Start engines, move throttles, switches, or levers, or depress pedals to operate machines, such as track hoes, backhoes, digger derricks, lo-drill, air drill, forklift, cranes, skid steers, line pullers, or line tensioners.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
• Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery
• Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment
• Raise trucks or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
• Test drive trucks to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
• Inspect, test and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, charts and pressure gauges
• Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts and specified safety devices
• Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications
• Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine
• May drive forklift or other powered industrial truck
• May lift a tire and a rim onto mounting mechanism to mount tire onto rim
• Valid Class A Commercial Driver License
• Valid DOT Medical Certification
• Pass pre-employment and other drug screenings
• Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Compliance with FMCSA, OSHA and other Federal, State, and local safety regulations
Local underground utility contractor is looking for an experienced equipment operator. Work may include (but not limited to site work, dirt excavation, demolition, underground utilities. We are now hiring equipment operators for the 2018 year and beyond! Looking for a hard-working positive individual that would like to join our team. May need to travel up to 90 miles radius of Rochester, MN. This is seasonal work (approx. April - November) with very competitive compensation. For consideration please submit resume with 3 references for review, any emails with a resume will not be considered.
- Valid Driver's License
- 3 years or more experience in construction and equipment operation
- Able to operate Excavators, Dozers, Blades, Scrapers, Skid steers, Telehandlers,
- Knowledge on how to read grade stakes and shoot elevation with grade equipment
- Work alongside crew members in a productive and positive manner
- Willing to run a shovel or rake from time to time
- CDL is not required but preferred
- Work in a fast pace environment and help with jobs and crews as they arise.
- Work week hours in season are 40-70 hrs. a week
Local underground utility contractor looking for hard-working laborers for the 2018 season and beyond. This is seasonal work with overtime, 40 - 70 hours/week (including possible weekends) with very competitive compensation. For consideration please submit resume with 3 references for review, any emails without a resume will not be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties
o Shovel and rake
o Backing trucks
o Follow direction of Foreman
o Lift, carry, and transfer materials and tools
o Follow dress code and wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
o Assist in moving and placing traffic control devices
o Follow company policies and OSHA regulations
o Responsible for job site up-keep
o Maintain cleanliness of company vehicles and other company property
o Ability to read and write English
o Understand and follow verbal direction
o Experience with underground utilities and/or maintenance preferred
o Use tools and equipment properly and safely
o Team player that is willing to work long days and weekends when necessary
o Travel 90-mile radius of Rochester, MN required
o Obtain valid driver's license
o Be able to stand, walk, kneel for extended periods
o Work in hot and cold environments